Financial Assistance and Support Program
Genetic testing can be complicated. Paying for it shouldn’t be. That’s why Quest Diagnostics offers a reimbursement support program for patients who meet the necessary criteria for testing. Upon receipt of a fully completed order and a patient blood sample, our team will verify coverage of your patient’s plan and quickly determine their likely out-of-pocket responsibility. In the unlikely event that your patient’s estimated responsibility is over $100 for BRCAvantage and MYvantage, we will attempt to notify you and/or your patient prior to test initiation to discuss options for continuation or cancellation of the test. Please note that cases lacking complete information or a patient blood sample will not be processed, except where required by certain commercial insurance carriers. Quest Diagnostics will also provide financial assistance as part of our commitment to keep testing affordable. For more information on these services and additional testing resources, please contact Quest Diagnostics at 866.GENE.INFO.
Financial Assistance Program
Quest offers an easy-to-use financial assistance program that limits out-of-pocket expense to $200 for qualified patients with income at or below 400% of the federal poverty level for qualified tests. For uninsured and underinsured patients who meet or fall below the federal poverty level, testing may be provided at no charge. For patients who require additional financial assistance, Quest Diagnostics offers payment plans of 0% financing for a 12-month period.
- The financial assistance program applies to the following tests:
- 91863 BRCAvantage ® Comprehensive Evaluation
- 92140 Ashkenazi Jewish Screen w/ Reflex to BRCAvantage ® Comprehensive
- 91461 Lynch Syndrome Panel
- 93791 GIvantage ™
- 93768 MYvantage ™
- For uninsured and underinsured patients that meet or fall below the federal poverty level, testing is provided at no charge.
- Uninsured and underinsured patients who meet income requirements (household incomes of greater than 100% and at or less than 400% of the federal poverty level) will qualify for an out-of-pocket maximum of $200 for eligible hereditary cancer tests
- Financial criteria information is available on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) website. View the financial criteria table.
- How to apply:
- To qualify, patient must meet income requirements.
- If insured, patients must meet their insurance provider’s requirements for this testing such as obtaining preauthorization for testing.
- Fill out an application for financial assistance.
- For patients who require additional financial assistance, Quest Diagnostics offers payment plans of 0% financing for a 12-month period.